Shirt Pants

This is how my evening went:

Leave work to pickup J from daycare.
Realize I left my phone at work.
Realize I left J's dinner at home.
Figure out what I can feed J (no phone and no carb counting book) because he needs to eat.
Drive back to work for phone.
On the way to work, dump J's food all over my car passenger seat.
J has a pee accident because I took too long to go inside (cleaning up food).
Take J into work to change.
Realize that I don't have extra pants in his daycare bag.
Realize I don't have extra pants with us at all.
Get back in the car in wet clothes.
Arrive late to swim lessons.

All these fails in my eyes, but I'm still the "best mom" according to J because I let him wear a long sleeve shirt as pants after swim.

Lesson learned: Some days end in shirt pants...and that's ok. The failures will not be remembered, but the shirt pants will.


Comments